Recipes

Saturday, July 27, 2024

Of Course

 I write a post about not moaning.

I spent the day trying to find the good, see the funny side, have a happy day! I managed to do the floors, and Hannah helped. David has prepared a few meals, which makes life easier. Christopher cooked dinner because I had to do Mikey's classes.

A good day. I stayed up late, went to bed about midnight.  Went to brush my teeth and found a massive cockroach crawling over the toothbrushes!  I couldn't kill the damn thing but I threw away the toothbrushes.  I found some stuff to kill the cockroaches and put that out this morning.

I still had a good attitude. I was thinking that last year we didn't have so many cockroaches, so that might be why we are having a few this year. I can deal with this, it isn't the end of the world.

Got to bed. Looked at my Google Hub which displays the date, time, and temperature. It was 12:15 at night and still 31C.

After midnight and still over 30C. That is just crazy!  I woke up at 2am and it was 29C.  It didn't cool down at all!

I felt I was being challenged.  Can I keep a good attitude or am I going to start the poor me moaning again? I took a deep breath and told myself, deal with it, you have an air conditioner, you'll be okay!

I really am grateful that we have air conditioning. Also, I'm hoping that moving to the other house will help. We have a lot of green here but this is a city.  Where we are moving to is really countryside, lots of green and slightly elevated!  Even one or two degrees lower might help!  I might buy a kid's pool to hang out in!!!!

Mikey is doing cotton candy today. It's the local summer festival. He is working with somebody so they can take turns going into stores to cool down.



The floats for the summer festival

Hannah took these photos of the floats for the summer festival. These are carried through the streets.  I haven't been to any of the festivals here, it's always too hot and too crowded.

Next month is the big fireworks festival in the next city.  We can see the fireworks from our balcony, which is nice. When the kids were little we tried to go but it was always too crowded! 

No comments:

Post a Comment