Recipes

Wednesday, July 3, 2024

I'm Back

 I didn't go anywhere, just my bed for 5 days.

I think I had Covid.  I couldn't be bothered with going to the doctor for a test.  When I got sick last Thursday Mikey had the car.  He could have dropped me off but I would have to walk back, in the pouring rain.  I asked David what medicine he got, just painkillers and cough medicine. I already had that at home so decided to stay in bed.  

This time the symptoms were weird, low-grade fever but the most awful cough. Still coughing now, not as much but a few times a day.  Headache, body aches, and vomiting.  No appetite for 3 or 4 days, took me a day to eat a piece of toast!  David recovered enough to make a big pot of chicken soup.  That kept me going for a few days!!

On Saturday Christopher and Hannah came down with the same symptoms so they went to the emergency room.  I know there isn't any medicine but I wanted something stronger for them.  Christopher has allergies and slight asthma so any cold or flu has him coughing a lot.  The cough medicine I had was okay but he needed something stronger. With Hannah, it's the very high fever she gets.  She had flu a few years ago and her fever went up to 40.5C, so again stronger medicine is needed.  Mikey dropped them off and then went shopping.  They came back an hour later laughing, the nurse thought that Christopher and Hannah were a couple.

I'm fed up of being sick.  May was shingles, just recovered 100%, was getting into my exercise again when I got hit with this.  I still feel under the weather but need to start teaching, need to clean the house and if possible go to the other place. The last two weeks have been constant rain, I'm wondering if there is any damage to the other house.  Here we are battling mold.  I hope the other house doesn't have the same problem.  From today the heat has started.  Today was 31C,  looking at the 10-day forecast it looks like every day is over 30C.  I don't like the summer!

Sports Drink

This has been my drink of choice for the past few days.  I'm wondering about the slogan, sweat is beautiful!  


No comments:

Post a Comment