Recipes

Friday, July 26, 2024

Gave Myself A Good Talking Too

 Last night I went to bed feeling rather fed up.  It's hot, too hot and I'm miserable.

Yesterday I moved from in front of the air conditioner to find a book, in the same room so still rather cool and I ended up sweating like crazy.  I washed my face, I sweat a lot on my face, cooled down a bit, and prepared my lesson.  But I felt so miserable, the class was good but all I wanted to do was lie on my bed!

When I went to bed I gave myself a good talking to.  I told myself to deal with the situation.  It's hot and humid and very uncomfortable. But that isn't going to change for a few months. I have to change my attitude or have a very miserable summer.  So I've set myself a few challenges.

1.  To do something every day and be satisfied with that.  I can't clean the whole house, I can't sort and pack up all the rooms but I can sweep/vacuum a floor, sort one drawer or shelf.  I don't have to do everything in one day, one week, or even one month.

2.  Spend time with Hannah.  She's hoping to go to graduate school and will move into her own apartment. I would like to teach her how to cook. Just hanging out together, watching musicals, and chatting would be nice.

3.  Be grateful! Find something every day to be grateful for.  I remember earlier this year India was very hot, so hot that schools had to close. I felt so sorry for the people, there is very little infrastructure, and I think most places don't have air conditioning or even fans.  I'm lucky that here I have air conditioning and fans.  Most places are cool. I don't have to go out, I work from home.  So for today, I'm grateful that I have air conditioning.  

I really want to try to have a better attitude. Moaning around is just making me tired and isn't doing my mental or physical health any good!  

My poor cats are suffering from the heat. But they won't stay in the cooler rooms!

Steve and Mama stretched out in the corridor


Last night Fluffy and Alfie were watching the little lizard on the outside of the window!

Lizard watching



No comments:

Post a Comment