Recipes

Friday, July 26, 2024

Can It Get Any Worse?

 Yesterday my weather app said it was 38C with a real feel of 41C!!

Then I watched the local news. A small city, about 20 minutes drive from here was featured, it has a lot of lovely temples and is popular with tourists.  The reporter was showing a thermometer, it read 41C!!

The afternoon cooled down to 29C with an incredible thunderstorm and tornado warning.  We were lucky as the storm wasn't over us but the city in the news because of the high temperature was shown again! This time because a house was hit by lightning and caught fire!

I'm finding it harder and harder to do anything!  In the air conditioning, I can cope, just!  But as soon as I leave the cooler room I sweat like crazy.  Just going to the toilet I'm soaked through!  I spent a few minutes in the room next to where we teach to find a few things and am now dripping with sweat.  I have headaches every day and feel so wiped out!

I keep telling myself that every day finished is a day closer to the cooler weather but I feel like I'm just wasting so much time.  I need to push to get a few more things done here even if I can't go to the other house!  One good thing is that Christopher is helping me out a lot. Most days he'll wash dishes, do the floors, and run to the drug store for things. I was shocked the other day when I opened the pantry.  Christopher had cleaned and organized it for me!

Talking of Christopher, he went shopping this morning and bought a very Japanese-style summer set. It really suits him!


Very cool

I like the dragon on the back!


No comments:

Post a Comment