Recipes

Friday, July 5, 2024

Silver Lining

 I still don't feel great.  I did one class Wednesday evening and one Thursday morning and felt like I had run a marathon!  I'm managing to do a few chores but haven't cooked a meal since Tuesday!  

My ears are still blocked, and painful sometimes. My back hurts from lying down too much, I've done some exercise to help with the pain but still hard to stand for a long time!  And it's hot. It's 9:30am and already 29C but feels like 35C.  Today's high is forecast to be 33C with 80% humidity, YUK!!!!

The silver lining is that I've lost weight! 2 kilos!  This morning I weighed in at 93.8kg.  Still far too big but so much better.  I've been stuck between 95 and 97 all year, so I'm really happy that I've lost some.  I know it's because I've had no appetite for the past week or so, my eating hasn't been healthy because what I want to eat is bread or snack bread.  But eating just one piece of bread a day means that I have lost some!  David made a nice lunch yesterday, wraps with chicken, salsa sauce (he added some beans to the sauce), couscous, and salad.  I really enjoyed it, the tomato base for the sauce was refreshing.

lunch

Last night we finished the couscous, chicken and had an omelet with it.

I love Japanese food but at the moment I don't want the usual soy sauce or miso taste.  We've been eating a lot of cold noodles, nice but something different really helps!

I'm trying not to worry about the other house.  I honestly don't know if I can do anything there during the summer.  I should sort out some money and get air conditioners put in!  I hope to go next week.  I hope that the awful rain we've had hasn't done any damage!!


No comments:

Post a Comment