Recipes

Thursday, July 18, 2024

Real Summer

 It's been hot for a few weeks now but for me, real summer is when the cicadas start singing!



I took this out of the window this morning. Nothing to see but the noise is incredible.  Even in my room with the windows closed and the air conditioning on I can hear them.  For such a small creature, about an inch long, they make a lot of noise.  It's one of those things that I've come to associate with summer.

David has bought a battery-powered hedge trimmer. These things scare me but are really good when you have a lot to cut down! He's been outside cutting the hedges and the weeds for about half an hour and has gotten most of the yard done.  He bought it to do the yard and land at the other house but this house needed to be done as well.



He should have worn long sleeves!

He's done a lot in a short time.  But now has ant bites on his hands and arms! He wanted to do more but the wind has picked up and it might rain soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment