Recipes

Sunday, July 14, 2024

Change Of Plans

 Today's plan was to get out of the house at about 7am, go to the other house, work there for a few hours, shop, and come home.

We woke up to this


This had been going on all night.  I know that most of the work I planned for today was inside, so it doesn't matter about the weather but we were under flood, landslide, and thunderstorm warnings.  One of the small towns we drive through to get to the other house always floods, deep enough in some places to get into the car engine!  We lived in that town when the kids were in elementary school.  Every year they would come home with a map of areas to avoid during the rainy season. That was when the rainy season was gentle rain for a couple of weeks.  I didn't want to risk getting stuck in a flooded area.

So I spent the whole day doing nothing.  We've all had bad headaches, and nobody felt up to doing much!  I watched a movie with Mikey, sorted bills to be paid, and slept!  I might clean the kitchen later but I honestly feel rather blah!!  

The rain is set to last for a couple more days.  I think a lot of people will be upset as tomorrow is a national holiday, Marine Day.  I guess trips to the beach are canceled.  I need to shop but I think tomorrow will be very busy at all the stores!!

I hope to get to the other house a couple of times this week.  Just push to do as much as possible, then focus here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment