Recipes

Friday, July 12, 2024

Having A Moan

 Back in March or April, I remember thinking that the other house would be finished enough by summer to start moving stuff into it.  I planned to spend the summer packing up here and cleaning this house,  here I have air conditioners and fans so working during the hottest time of the year is doable. Then in October and November just move the furniture and be finished.

But of course, life threw me a curve ball.  I got shingles in May and recovered enough to start work on the other house when I got COVID.  I still feel really wiped out from that, plus the constant heat and humidity really saps my strength.  I want to sleep more but because I've been lying down too much my back hurts like crazy!

I feel like I'm not winning an endless race. I know we have until January 2025 and if it takes that long to move so be it. But I would rather move before the really cold time starts as the other house is very cold.  There is no sun on any of the rooms in the other house, which helps in the summer but makes the rooms extremely cold in. Also the sooner we move from here the sooner I stop paying rent.  I would like to use the rent money to buy things for the other house. 

Yesterday I packed up another box of books. But still, too many to deal with.  Most are kid's books, I kept them for students to look at, also Mikey reads to some of the students, he translates as he goes along. The younger kids seem to enjoy that. I've kept some of those books but I don't intend to set up a teaching room in the other house, no room and the house is not in an area where there are a lot of potential students.  I'm actually wondering how I'm going to make money.  Mikey and I will come to this city a few times a week but I'm not sure how many students we can retain. We will rent a room in the local community center but the rooms aren't available every day and if students can't change days then they will quit. Just another load of stress for me!!

Yesterday I was teaching 2 6th grade girls.  We were doing adjectives. The book gave an example using he, "He is busy", He is tired".  I got the girls the choose three words and draw a picture using she.  Their drawings were very good!



cute pictures

I enjoyed that class, the girls are very lively so even though I feel tired when I start by the time I've finished I have more energy!

Better go and get some chores done. I plan on going to the other house tomorrow, early morning to get some more cleaning done!

No comments:

Post a Comment