Recipes

Saturday, July 20, 2024

Insomnia

 I've suffered from insomnia most of my life. Usually, I fall asleep okay but have trouble staying asleep.  The past week has been awful. I'm tossing and turning for up to an hour, my brain just won't switch off!! There are so many things that need to be done for this move.  Rooms here to be sorted, things to be thrown out, and packed up.  The other house still has a long way to go to be liveable.  Then there are the things that I can't do, calling places to get the toilet waste taken care of, and calling banks to see if I qualify for a loan.  Checking with the land registry office to see what land we own and whose name it's in, then figuring out how to change the names.  The list goes on and on. I try to keep a notebook by my bed to write down things, just to get them out of my head.  But it's not working!

Also, we aren't making enough money to pay for anything beyond the bills. I actually don't have enough to pay this month's rent!  This is really stressing me out.  I need new students, I would love to get some near where we are moving to, but that means using the community centers and unlike here they don't like to rent out rooms to businesses!  

Just stress on top of stress.  I'm not sure how much more I can take.  I'm trying to be positive and see the good things in this move but at the moment all I want to do is curl up and cry.

I know part of it is not being able to work on things because of the heat. It is really extreme, today was up to 35C, feels like 37C.  That's crazy!  I'm in my bedroom with the air conditioning blasting.  Hannah is in here as well.  I have a flask of ice water that I'm sipping on.  I would love to sort out more books from the rooms that we use for teaching but I have no real energy for that, maybe tomorrow!

One good thing is that a friend of my husbands might be able to help in November. He has a handyman business, he does gardens, cleans out houses that have been hoarded, and does house moves. He has a big truck that we can use to move the furniture.  We will pay, of course, but he might give us a discount. And I would rather pay somebody I know than some of the other companies that I've seen advertised. That is one load of my mind.

Last night was a beautiful moon.  Recently I've been noticing the moon more.  

From Hannah's phone

Hannah said that the clouds looked like a dragon. The quality of the photo isn't that good but still very beautiful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment