Recipes

Sunday, July 14, 2024

I Went, I Saw, I Cried

 Many years ago I dreamt of moving back to the UK. I spent hours looking at all these beautiful houses online.  One real estate agent site suggested looking at properties at different times and weather conditions. A property that looks lovely under blue skies might look totally different in rainy weather.  I've often wondered how true that is.  Today I found out that it is very true.  Most of the time we go to the other house when it's sunny or cloudy.  A couple of times we've been when it's been raining but not the torrential rain we've had the past few days.  I was shocked at how bad things looked.  The outside storage roof has come away from the building, it's like a carport attached to the storage building.  It's separated and rain was pouring down the storage building front, soaking everything.



The circled parts are where the water is coming in

We have finally got the water turned on, only to find that one pipe outside is broken and water was going everywhere.  David bought some tape and something to stop the tap but looks like he needs some special glue to hold the stopper in place.

I tried to put the trash in the kitchen/dining area together. But got distracted by the sink. If you are eating you might not want to see this photo.

The drain in the kitchen sink

The mold has grown so much that it is covering the whole draining basket. I'll have to throw it away and buy another new one.  This is what broke me when we moved in with my mother-in-law.  She had spent over 5000 pounds on clothes that she never wore but couldn't buy bleach to clean the sink. When I saw this today I started to cry, I know it's not a big problem, the baskets cost a few hundred yen but it's more of what it represents.  The lack of care for the house.  I know she was old but she had access to home help but refused.  I don't know, it just makes me sad. 

I  did manage to clean the window sill.  I had to use wet tissues, once we have sorted the water problem then I'll give it another clean. Also, I must take a small screwdriver to take down the old blinds!


Looks better

On the way home we had to cross the main river.  It's flooded to the riverside park and parking area.

right hand side is the river



That tree is in the parking lot

Hannah said that the cats were having a demo while I was out.  They were all in the corridor, meowing and carrying on for about an hour!

Cat demo


No comments:

Post a Comment