Recipes

Saturday, July 20, 2024

Local Supermarket Closed

 The local supermarket, where Christopher worked for 4 years, closed yesterday!

Christopher started working the early morning shift filling shelves.  After that, he started working different shifts and doing a lot of jobs in the supermarket.   He was responsible for the freezer section, cleaning out the back room, making sure the products were put out properly, and doing the cash register.  He learned a lot and had a lot of fun. 

Christopher at work

I liked that supermarket as it was very convenient for us.  Somedays I would start cooking only to find I had forgotten something.  I could send the kids to get what I had forgotten, it would take less than 10 minutes for them!  Now the nearest supermarket is a good 20-minute walk.  Also, this supermarket was a discount supermarket, a little bit cheaper than the others!

This has made me think about when we move to the other house. There are no shops nearby at all.  the nearest supermarket is a 5-minute drive but a good half an hour's walk!  I think I'll have to get more organized in my shopping and cooking!

Christopher has to find another job.  That should be interesting!  He can't drive and the other house has nothing nearby.  There's a bus stop nearby but the buses are very few and only go to the city center, which is basically closed down.  The train station is a 20-minute walk, which is alright until the weather gets bad.  At least he can help out with the cleaning and packing here until he gets something!


No comments:

Post a Comment