Pages

Thursday, August 3, 2023

Miserable Summer

 The past few years every summer has been rather miserable.  This year, however, seems to be harder.  I think it's a combination of things, my health, age and having sick kids have all contributed to me feeling rather out of things.

I know that it isn't as hot here as in other parts of the world, but for me this too hot. It's 8:30 in the morning and already 30 degrees.  I've done a few jobs that needed doing but as always there is more to be done.  David has taken over cooking lunch, for which I am very grateful, I know I couldn't cook everyday!  My health is not good, my knee hurts again, I'm obese and have diabetes.  I'm tired all the time and have very little stamina.  I have lost some weight and I really hoped that would help, maybe a little bit but not as much as I had hoped.  The other day I was helping Mikey put things in the car, I was outside for about 10 minutes and felt awful, nausea and the begining of a headache.  When I came in I drank a load of water and sat infront of the fan for a while, felt much better.  I was suprised at how quickly I felt bad.  I use to be able to stay out for half an hour.  Is this part of getting old, if it is then I'm not looking forward to the next few years.  I am trying to use this time to do a few things.  I've spent time trying to organize lesson plans for the next few weeks, finding interesting worksheets for Halloween and Christmas.  Trying to study Japanese.  Also planning what to do with the other house, figuring out what I can change, what I can afford and what can wait.  I'm really looking forward to autumn, getting things done.  Time to make a 'to do' list.  I love crossing things off a list!


The cats have the right attitude, just sleep when it's hot!!  They race around at night and sleep most of the day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment