Pages

Saturday, August 19, 2023

Can I Scream

 Our money situation is terrible.  We have to move from here to my mother-in-law's house.  To do that we have to make a lot of money.  There is damage to this house that I will have to pay for, about 100 man yen (about 5000 pounds).  Then we have to do a lot to the other house, new tank for the toilet, remodel the bathroom, convert the storage area, deep clean everywhere and buy things that we need.  About 700 man yen.  At the same time Hannah is hoping to go to graduate school.  She will be able to get a scholarship but that doesn't start until the middle of the first term, also she will have to find an apartment and furnish that as well.

I can keep on teaching but we just aren't getting enough new students, we are barely making ends meet.  So I decided that the best thing to do is to sell some of the land.  But being Japan it is not easy to do that.  Farmland can only be sold to farmers.  There are so many laws and regulations to go through, looks like it could be a legal nightmare and I don't think we would get the money on time to do all that we need to do.  I don't want to stress about this but it is so frustrating.  I have nobody here to turn to, no relatives that could help or lend us money.  I could try to get a loan but my bank is racist.  I applied for a loan guaranteed by the government at the beginning of the pandemic but got turned down because I'm a foreigner.  We will see if Mikey or David could get a loan but I'm not holding my breath. 

I guess just keep on keeping on!!

This is poor Fluffy, she has to wear that cone to stop her scratching!  She is  staring at me because she wants some of my tuna sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment