Pages

Wednesday, August 30, 2023

August

 What a month!

Started with Christopher getting Covid and ended with Mikey in hospital.  In between were birthdays, almost a typhoon, sick cat, Obon holiday and terrible heat!!

Both Christopher and Mikey are better.  Mikey is still getting tired very quickly but after being in bed for 4 days I think it takes time to recover 100%.  He has an appointment tomorrow.  Let's hope this is all finished.

My birthday hit me hard.  Something about turning 61 was hard, harder than last year.  Feeling that most of my life is behind me and not that much before me!  I want to make the most of everyday, try and live a good, fulfilling life while I can.  To do that I have to take my health more seriously.  Since May and Hannah's birthday I've found it hard to resist sugar and carbs.  I say every morning from today no more sugar or carbs, I get to the afternoon then I get overwhelmed with craving and have just a bit, which leads more bits.  Even with that I haven't put on weight and have lost another kilo.  I could of and should of have lost more.  September is a new start and with the weather cooling down I can move and find things to do instead of sitting reading and watching TV.  I am planning to start knitting again, which helps as you can't knit and eat!!

Fluffy, who got sick with flea allergies is a lot better. She isn't over grooming any more but we really need to do something about the fleas.  Need to deep clean and keep up with the meds for the cats.  Even though it's expensive it's worth it.  Hannah has a really bad reaction if she gets bitten!  So yes, more cleaning.  I've managed to keep the downstairs rooms clean, not 100% but a lot better.  Bedrooms need to be tackled.  Always something.

I'm hoping that Septembe will be good, that the weather cools down so I can get some things done.  The one thing I'm not looking forward to is my allergies starting up again!!  

A few photos from August.

Cool place to sleep on the tiles

Hannah going to see a musical

David's birthday

Poor Fluffy



No comments:

Post a Comment