Pages

Saturday, September 2, 2023

Lists

 Yesterday I was looking for something in one of my draws, can't remember what I was looking for but I came across an old notebook from 2015.

This notebook had pages of  'To Do' lists.  It was interesting to see that most things on the list were the same, clean the garden, clean places in the house, etc.  At first glance, I felt that I haven't changed, that my To Do lists now are the same but after reading more I realized that some things I no longer write on my To Do lists as they have become habits.  For example, one thing that was on every list was to sweep and mop the corridors and stairs.  I now do that (or get somebody to do it) two or three times a week.  Another was mopping the kitchen floor ( I don't like cleaning floors) but again I've developed a habit of doing it so I no longer need to write it down.  

In our day-to-day lives sometimes it feels like nothing changes.  I still struggle with my weight (even though I have lost about 17kgs from my heaviest), and money is still tight but seeing the little things that have changed, the habits that I have developed gives me hope to be able to conquer other areas of my life and make things better and easier for me. 

I'm going to make a list of things that need to be done for our move.  I am hoping to move next October, we can stay until January 2025 but I think it would be hard in the very cold weather.  Maybe having a list and being able to cross things off as we get them done will stop me from being overwhelmed.

Of course a cat story.  Two of the cats had a big fight yesterday morning.  David's room,  the corridors and the stairs looked like a crime scene with fur and blood everywhere.  I thought one of the cats must been badly injured but all we could see was on deep scratch on Steve's front paw.  Hannah and I managed to clean it up and he didn't need stitches.  Took ages to get all the blood cleaned up and a lot of David's books have blood stains on them.

Steve who got hurt in the fight

And Fred the other culprit




No comments:

Post a Comment