Pages

Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Not Finished

 This morning I had tests done because of the cancer I had 5 years ago.  Mammogram, CT scan, echo scan and blood work.  I was feeling very happy, five years finished, this will be the last tests, no more waiting for hours in the hospital.  Went through all the tests, then went to see the doctor.  He checked the results and said everything looks good and I don't need any more medicine.  He then threw me a curve ball by saying see you next March.  I must of looked really suprised because he went on to explain that with most cancers 5 years is the end of the checks but with the type of cancer I had I have to get checks for a total of 10 years!!  I then had to wait to see another doctor about my diabetes.  Even though I haven't been very good the past few months my numbers are down and looking good.  Got to get back on the band wagon, try to cut down on sugar and carbs even more.

Hannah with my friend's baby

One of my friends stopped by the other day.  It was so nice to sit and chat for a while.  Her husband came, he has offerd to help with the garden at the othe house.  Hannah enjoyed playing with the baby.  The baby was fascinated and scared of the cats, he kept pointing at them but if they moved he would walk away!!  Very cute to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment