Pages

Sunday, September 3, 2023

Going To The Hairdressers

 If I lived in England I would probably try different hairdressers, maybe experimenting with different styles and colors.  Mainly because I suck at Japanese I stick to the same place (I do the same for doctors and dentists).  Being familiar with the process and knowing that they understand what I want without having to explain each time helps a lot.  This is all part of the anixety I have living here!  I've been going to same hairdressers for about 30 years, I always get the same style, a short bob and color, brownish (but in some light it looks purple).  The hairdressers are two sisters.  I started going there because the younger sister spoke a bit of English, she had spent two years working in England doing hair and make up on commericals.  I felt comfortable going to her, she could understand what I wanted.  As the years have past she has lost her English and I have gained some confidence in Japanese.  When I went today I was supprised to see the older sister working.  Apparently the younger one has stopped working!!  I felt rather sad.  The older sister did my hair and it looks nice but I missed the lady that usually does mine.  I'm also wondering how much longer the older sister can work, she has just turned 74!!!  I guess at some point I'm going to have to look for a new hairdressers!!

My hairdressers, not a good photo!!



No comments:

Post a Comment