Pages

Monday, September 25, 2023

Made A Start

 This past weekend I've managed to make a start of sorting things from this house.

It's sad that we are moving to a place half the size of where we live now and therefore have to downsize a lot.  Besides books, we don't really own a lot of stuff.  I've never collected nick-nacks or ornaments,  I don't have many soft furnishings, just a change of bedding and extra winter covers.   The kids have their things, again a lot of books, their own computers but not a load of stuff.  But even the bit that we have is too much!  

I was able to give a lot of children's books to one of my friends.  I was happy to do that as I know English children's books can be expensive.  I like to feel that I can pass on things that will be well-loved and used!

Sunday I spent the morning emptying the top cupboards in my kitchen.  These cupboards are too high to be useful, I need a step ladder to reach them, so things that I don't use get put up there.  I haven't looked in them for a few years.  Most of the things were trash, old plastic containers, a broken coffee maker and other bits and pieces.  I did find an old tin of beans and a cup soup.

Beans from 2012

 
cup soup from 2014

looks like it was nice!
I also made a chicken pie for lunch. I've been wanting to eat chicken pie for the past few weeks but it's been too hot to make it.  Sunday started off rather cool, warmed up by the afternoon but not a sticky heat.  It was nice to bake, one of the things I miss in the summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment