Pages

Friday, August 25, 2023

Mikey.......Again

 The past week or so Mikey has been complaining of chest pains.  It got so bad Monday night that he went to the emergency room, he just wanted something to help him sleep.  Tuesday he slightly better but worse again on Wednesday.  Thursday he went to a local clinic, there he was diagnosed with some kind of indigestion and given a load of medicine.  When I came downstairs Friday morning I found Mikey lying on the sofa, he had spent the night in pain and throwing up.  I told him to go to the hospital that I use, it's a medium size hospital but they have a lot of diagnostic tools, X-ray machine, CT scan, MRI and there own lab so blood tests come back in about an hour.  Mikey drove himself to the hospital,  2 hours later he sent me a text.  He has to stay in the hospital, he has gallstones!  They have started him on a drip but if that doesn't work he will have to have an operation.  I decided to take some things to Mikey and also we needed to pick up the car.  David and I got a taxi, I thought we might end up in the hospital with the way the driver was driving, 10 minute drive and 3 near misses, when I got out I was shaking!!  We found Mikey waiting to talk to the doctor again and sign some papers.  We talked for a while, he seemed okay, I think he was glad that they had found the problem and it's treatable.  Gallstones are awful, I have them, most of the time they are okay but when they flare up it's the worse pain ever!!!  The next thing was to figure out where Mikey had parked the car, there are two big car parks.  Mikey said he had parked on the second car park, David wanted to to know where exactly instead of wondering around in the heat.  Mikey's answer was a classic!!  Next to the old peoples bus!!! This started us laughing because one time Hisao forgot where he parked the car, when I asked where, he said next to the yellow car!!!

Today is going to be busy.  I have to do Mikey's classes as well as my own.  I have no idea how next week is going to be as some of the classes are at the community center which I can't get to!!

Mikey with his balloon puppet!


No comments:

Post a Comment