Pages

Friday, August 11, 2023

Typhoon

 We got lucky, very lucky.  Typhoon six was very slow moving and powerful.  For over a week it was over Okinawa.  Power cuts, floods, downed trees, signs and traffic lights.  The typhoon then moved to southern Kyushyu.  They also got hit bad, local flooding and a lot of wind damage. It then moved up the west coast of Kyushu, by the time it was level with us it was a bit weaker.  We got a load of rain and a bit of wind.  I prepared, I always do when there is a possibility of a typhoon hitting.  Anything that could be blown away was bought inside, closed up the shutters and stocked up on bottled water and cup noodles (we have enough for a month).  Hannah's university changed her classes to online, just in case!!  The only good thing was that it felt a bit cooler for a couple of days, but so humid!!

Today I went shopping.  First time I've been out for over a week.  I wanted to get something for David's birthday next week.  I took Hannah to help me out!  We went to a clothes shop that caters to the whole family from babies to elderly style, also bedding, towels etc.  Hannah loves this store, she goes in for one thing and comes out with about 7 things!!  Even today she bought a dress, necklace and pair of shoes.  I got a few things for David.  One problem is that it still hot here and will be for the next couple of months but the store already has a lot of autumn clothes!!  The summer things were on sale so it was easy to get a good bargin but not much choice.

Just to make a change from cat photos here are some of the area I was shopping in this morning.

The pink store is the clothes store

Everywhere we can see mountains

FLYZ is a recycle store that I like to check out



No comments:

Post a Comment