Pages

Monday, August 7, 2023

This and That

 A few things have been happening the past couple of days!  Nothing major.

Christopher has gotten over Covid.  He was rather sick for four days.  Two days with a fever of 39.9C.  Even with strong medicine from the doctor, his fever was still too high.  Finally broke Thursday evening. He had an awful sore throat, he was living on tofu and jelly, he couldn't swallow anything else.  Saturday evening he came into the kitchen and asked if I wanted a good laugh.  He showed me his front teeth, he had lost a filling!  So this week he has to go to the dentist.  Poor kid, can't get a break!

We might get a typhoon this week, maybe Wednesday and Thursday.  This typhoon has been dancing over Okinawa for the past few days.  When it hit there it was very strong,  the winds bought down trees, traffic lights and massive signboards.  The forecast was for it to go along the Pacific Coast of Japan.  This morning however the forecast has changed and it's going along the coast of Kyushu.  We shouldn't be hit too hard but we really don't need a load more rain.  The heavy rain that we had at the beginning of July has loosened a lot of the soil, another load means the possibility of landslides will be very high!

It is still hot here.  Last week 3 or 4 days were up to 39C.  Today it's 33C and I don't feel it's that hot.  If it stays like this for the rest of the summer maybe I'll survive.  

Poor Hannah still has university.  From Saturday to Thursday this week.  During her lunch break, I send pictures of the cats, cheers her up.  She likes her course but getting there is hard in the heat.  On the days that he is free Mikey drives her there, about an hour each way.  If not she has to walk half an hour from the station and then back again. Her backpack is rather heavy and she feels very hot and sticky when she gets to the campus! Seeing the cats makes her happy.  These are some from the other day.






I was trying to get each cat
David asked what I was doing, I explained that I was sending cat photos to Hannah.  He said you can send one of me.  I told him that I didn't think it would cheer her up!!  He said I can be a cat and did a cat pose!

Cat pose?
When Hannah saw the photo she texted me saying it looks like David is having a fit!


No comments:

Post a Comment