Recipes

Sunday, August 4, 2024

This And That

I had a plan for today but it didn't work out!

The first part of the day went smoothly enough. I got up at 5:30 and made breakfast for 4 of us (David was at work) and did French Toast because of another miscommunication!  I hadn't checked what David bought and sent Christopher to the local drugstore, which sells basic groceries, so we ended up with 5 packs of milk and 6 packs of bread!  I used some of the bread this morning, wondering what to do with the milk!

After that, Mikey dropped Hannah off for work.  The nursery she is working at held a special event this morning.  The kids learned some songs to do for their parents. Hannah said it was very cute!

After Mikey got back we loaded up the car with boxes that had been hanging around the house for a month or so. We drove to the other house to drop them off. We then went shopping. This is where things went south. It is so hot that just walking from the car to the store was hard.  From 8am it was 31C, by the time we had finished shopping it was about 33C.  I planned to make lunch but came back feeling awful, headache and so tired. I told everybody to find their own lunch, I put my air conditioner on and slept!

I planned to color my hair this afternoon, but that will have to wait.  Also, I wanted to sort out a few more things to take to the other house. We've taken a lot but it doesn't look like it.  Still a lot to do but I'm not sure that I have the energy to keep going!

We will get there, somehow!

This heat is really crazy!  I woke up at 1am and it was still 31C.  It only dropped to 29C, I feel that there is no real break from it!  One of our neighbors is having work done to the outside of the house, I feel so sorry for the workers!  They start early but the days are just too hot! I don't know how people who have to go out in this heat manage. Do you just get used to it?

Fred on Hannah

In this heat, the cats usually don't want to sit on our laps, even with the air conditioning! Last night, however, Fred decided that he wanted some love from Hannah.  He stayed for about half an hour.  

This morning we had a visitor!

Cicada

I don't like insects at all but while this was still and on the outside of the window I could take a photo. But then it started to move, and I took off!




No comments:

Post a Comment