Recipes

Sunday, August 4, 2024

Panic

 I was looking at Hannah's schedule that she has pinned over her desk.

I tried to get a photo but it's difficult to see. She has the next three months pinned to her wall, with different colors showing what she is doing and when.

 This week she has to volunteer at an old people's home!  I have no idea what taking care of elderly people has to do with being a teacher but it's part of her course!  Then she has to do more to her thesis, which has to be finished by December.  She has two weeks of teacher training for special needs, at the end of October.  She also has a test for graduate school in September, that she needs to study for. 

I was thinking poor Hannah, so busy. Then I looked again. The last page is October. Just two pages away, we are moving in November!  

I caught the end of a news report from America. The presidential election is in the first week of November, 91 days away! 

Seeing the months laid out and hearing how many days until November has really shaken me! I knew the moving day was close but in my mind, it felt far away.

Panic! Really panicked!  I thought we would be further along the cleaning of the other house and the packing and sorting of this house. At the beginning of the year, I imagined having empty shelves, drawers, and closets by now.  

I need to make a new determination, to do something every day, get the kids to pack up their rooms.  We need to have things in place to move quickly, I don't want to be going back and forth between houses once we move. I don't want to pay rent after November.  Even if it takes time to settle and organize the other house I want to finish with here by November.

Of course, the weather isn't helping, it's 38C but feels like 40C. Mikey is doing cotton candy in the next city, there's a big firework festival tonight. They are set up on the parking roof of the mall, they can take turns to go inside to cool down, which helps.

Cat photo for cuteness.

Frodo, if I fit, I sits!!


No comments:

Post a Comment