Recipes

Wednesday, August 7, 2024

On My Own

 This morning it's just me and the cats here!

Mikey is teaching at some nurseries. David isn't back from work. Christopher has gone to meet his mate and Hannah is at the old people's home for the day!

It is so quiet! Even when everyone is at home they are usually in their own rooms.  We get together for meals and when I'm giving orders for cleaning!  Even so, I know that if I need help there is somebody around.

I'm going to have to used to this. This time next year, if all plans fall into place Mikey and Hannah will have their own places. David and Christopher will be living with me but working, so most days they will be out.  

I don't mind being by myself it just feels strange. I'm so used to having the kids around but it really is time they became independent.  Because of the economy, a lot of adult children stay at home.  David and I figured that with his income he could get a small apartment but after paying rent, utilities, a car loan, and food he would have nothing left to save or for emergencies.  Even paying the biennial vehicle test and car tax would be difficult.  A lot of adult kids get help from their parents if they live by themselves. My neighbor's son moved back home because he planned to get married but couldn't save money while he had his own place.

The cats are quiet! We separate them at night as the three older ones tend to fight!  3 have the corridors to wander around, the others are in the dining/living area. We put a small bookshelf in front of the door as Frodo and Fred can open the doors.  But they have managed to find a way to move the shelf.  Looks like finding something heavier!  Last night they got out and sent up camp outside my room and started a very demonstration. They wanted food, they'd been fed early in the evening but it sounded like we were starving them. Of course, they are all sleeping now.

It's a cat's life

Fluffy totally relaxed!


No comments:

Post a Comment