Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2024

WHY???

 Last week I was joking with my students that my holidays have two patterns.  I'm either very busy cleaning or sick.  I then told them that this ten-day holiday I was going to clean for a few days and then spend time preparing lessons and reading or watching movies, I wasn't going to get sick!

Guess where I ended up this morning.....at the emergency room!  Because of the holidays, the hospital I usually go to is closed until Tuesday and the pain in my side and back was getting worse!  Saturday night was another night of no sleep, even with stronger pain killer I still couldn't get comfortable enough to sleep, I dozed for about an hour!  The weird thing is that standing isn't painful but sitting and especially lying down are very painful.  I did wonder if I could sleep standing up!!  

So this morning I went to the hospital where I had my surgery, it's the nearest emergency room, Mikey had the car so I had to use a taxi.  There weren't many patients but just as I finished talking to the nurse an ambulance came in so I had to wait a while longer!   Hannah came with me, she is very organized and had taken notes on her phone before we saw the doctor so she could explain things.  I can understand but sometimes the doctors use a word or phrase that I'm not sure of and I feel that it's better to have someone help out!  I got a CT scan, the doctor couldn't see any cracks on my ribs and thought it was just muscle pain.  I thought the same thing, also if it's a cracked rib there is nothing that can be done except take strong painkiller and wait for it to heal.  The doctor showed me the scan and a 3D image of my ribs, that was very cool!!  Came home with some strong medicine for the next couple of days, if it's still painful I can go to the other hospital for more medicine.

So yet again my holiday got off to a bad start!!  I still have eight days, so let's hope things turn around and I can get some jobs done!!  Actually May is the last chance before it gets really hot and humid, which I find difficult to deal with!!   

Yesterday Hannah went out to dinner with the staff from the cram school she works at.  The manager was quitting so they held a goodbye party.  She had a good time except for the fried shrimp with the eyes still in.  She sent me a photo and said trauma.  This comes from when Hisao made miso soup and put in whole shrimp.  Hannah spooned one out and screamed her head off, she was only 7 at the time so understandable!  Since then she doesn't like shrimp with the heads on!!


the trauma shrimp!

She also saw this sign, which says "Don't feed the cats"  She wasn't impressed by that!

Don't feed the cats!

I hope that I can get some jobs done tomorrow!! We will see!!


No comments:

Post a Comment