Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2024

Spring Cleaning

 Jackie style.

This means I tell the kids what to do, they make excuses why they don't have time, I tell them that if they want lunch they should clean!  We did well this morning, got one corner cleaned out.  We had bought a cage for the cats but only used it a couple of times.  We might need it later but not at the moment.  So we broke it down and put it in a box to take to the other house on Monday!  

Another thing I did was to start making decisions about what to take and what to dump.  We have a lovely dining table but since Hisao died we haven't used it so much, maybe 6 times in the past 11 years.  The cats have messed on it and I really don't know if the smell will come out.  We clean up as soon as we see a mess but if they do it overnight then it does sit for a few hours.  Yes, they have clean litter boxes but I think that sometimes the cats get stressed and then start marking.  It's an ongoing problem and I am trying to fix things but.....! So I'm going to get rid of the table!! It's also too big for the other house, so kind of no choice.

Of course, I feel sad, it feels as if a lot of the things that Hisao and I bought together are at the end of there usefulness and need to be replaced.  I know that Hisao's memories are in my heart but sometimes it still hurts to let go. 


At the table!!

This is what I think about when I think about the dining table.  This was exactly one year before he died!!

Maybe that is also part of why it's hard to move from here.  We were really happy here.  We still had problems but for the first time in ages, I felt that I could close the door and be happy in this house!

Yesterday, after trying to clean at the other house I went shopping.  I found a whole chicken.  Usually, whole chickens are only available near Christmas.  Very small, just over a kilo, but half price, so I got it. Today I made a roast dinner, it's still cool enough to enjoy it!  Because I knew that there wouldn't be much meat on the chicken I cooked some extra breast meat with it.  Nice lunch!

Tiny chicken

Cooked up nicely!!



No comments:

Post a Comment