Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2024

Oh Bother

I have another video to put on but I keep getting an error message.  I tried to edit it so that it's smaller but it didn't work.  I think I'll do a few more and then upload them to YouTube.  Looks like learning how to edit, do voice-over, and put on subtitles.  Might take a couple of weeks so be patient with me!

On the way back on Friday I stopped by a supermarket that I hadn't been into for years.  I was pleasantly surprised by the big selection of fresh fish!  Fish is popular in Japan but recently it has become very expensive and there doesn't seem to be as much selection as before!

I bought some cod (I think it was cod, it was a nice fleshy white fish) and made beer-battered fish for lunch on Saturday.  

Beer-battered fish

I usually do chips but the supermarket had these lovely big potatoes so I decided on baked potatoes and of course, green peas, which are hard to get here.  I've only seen them in one store!!

I'm making a roast for today's lunch, then I'm taking it easy!  I've already cleaned the windows and am doing a second load of laundry. The weather is nice but it's going to be rather warm this afternoon, up to 28C.   It's really spring!

Next week is going to be another busy week, I hope to get to the city hall tomorrow to sort out the sewage situation, and at least two days cleaning out the last trash from the other house.  Also, I want to do some more cleaning and sorting here.  I need a lot more energy!!  The kids are helping but they have work as well, so trying to do things around 5 different schedules is like a juggling act!

No comments:

Post a Comment