Pages

Friday, April 5, 2024

Feeling Overwhelmed

 Another morning at the other house.  Another morning of feeling overwhelmed and that nothing is getting done.  It is but it is so slow and sometimes I feel like I'm just moving the trash from one place to another. The big problem is the load of plastic and glass things.  Half of the dining area is full of boxes that have plastic in them, baskets, bowls, containers of all sizes, old makeup, some little electrical things, old lights the list goes on and on.  My plan was to put the stuff in boxes and drive to the garbage disposal site.  This is where the problem comes in. We can't use the city garbage place because we aren't residents.  

I've looked at companies that do house cleaning but it's so expensive.  We are talking about 3,000 pounds just to remove some of the trash.  Some companies have a cleaning service but then we are looking at over 5,000 pounds.  We've sent out some inquiries to see if the companies can let us pay month by month.

I want this finished!  But one car and not having everybody available at the same time makes it hard. 

I'm also upset at the old man who has been cutting down some of the trees.  I understand that he thinks he is helping and I'm grateful for the help but he had cut down the blueberry bushes and the plum trees.  I'm hoping that the plums (Japanese plums) will grow as David makes this nice drink from them.  It's a bit sour but diluted with some soda water and poured over ice makes it very refreshing in the hot summer!!  

 At least today I could go to the other house and not get angry or upset.  I feel a bit better.  Still hard but no choice.

Hannah started a new part-time job on Monday, working at one of the local nurseries.  Just 3 days a week for about 5 hours.  At the moment there aren't that many children as it's the spring holiday but soon it will get busy.  She is enjoying more than working at the drug store but she's very tired!  



Azaleas

The only flowers that bloom here!  They are nice but early, I always thought they bloomed in May!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment