Pages

Friday, April 26, 2024

The Pain.....

 Of getting old! I tell myself that age is just a number but my body thinks otherwise!

I think I pulled a muscle on my left side.  I picked up one of the cats and felt something pull as I stood up. That was on Wednesday, Thursday the pain started, Thursday night I couldn't sleep. But I still went to the other house on Friday.   Then another night of no sleep.

And of course, today starts 10 days holiday for me!  I can't win sometimes!  Christopher has gone to see if he can get some stronger painkillers!

I managed to get some of the boxes out of the last small room, most were empty.  I put together a few more bags to take to the trash place and had another look at the bees.  Still wondering what to do.  When we moved there, about 16 years ago, we had the same problem!  Hisao bought some spray and just sprayed it into the vent, I'm not that brave!


I don't know if you can see the bees but this is the vent they are using!  I think I'll get some net to put over and then spray them.  I honestly don't know what else to do.  I want this fixed as soon as possible as it's under the tatami room.  I want to see if I can take up the tatami mats and the floor underneath to check the foundation.  Termites are a big problem in Japan and I want to make sure that we don't have that problem!

Also, there are more cracks.

Crack in the foundation

This has been there for a long time but it was just the top part.  Where it turns and goes down is new.  We had a small earthquake the other week and I think it shook the house just enough to make this crack grow!

another crack

This is near the front door and completely new.

I wish I had the money to take this house down and rebuild but that is a pipe dream!

I took some photos of the outside.  When the weather is nice it is a good place. I guess everywhere looks miserable in the rain.

The side of the house

driveway

the mountains

I want to take out most of the trees in front of the house and put up a deck.  There is already too much shade from the roof and having so many trees just cuts what little bit of sunlight we might get!  Also, I can dream of BBQs and building a pizza oven!

And I saw a ladybird!  I haven't seen these in years!

little ladybird

After the house, I went shopping on the way home. There's a supermarket nearby that has cheap meat, a lot cheaper than near where we live now.  I had a laugh at the sign on the bananas.  The label on the bananas said 'Go For It' the staff tried to copy that but messed up.


What is 'Fo'?





No comments:

Post a Comment