Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Feeling Better

 After my last post, I decided that I really don't have time to deal with depression.

So I gave myself a good talking to and walked to the store with Hannah to buy something for dinner.  Just that little walk helped me a lot.

Yesterday I got up at 5am to get Hannah's breakfast, 3 mornings a week she is working at a nursery, she starts at 7:30.  While Hannah got ready I did some exercises.  I found a gentle chair yoga video to do.  The last exercise is stretching your hands over your head as you breathe in, putting your hands together in a prayer pose, breathing out, and bringing your hands down.  As you do this the instructor asks you to think of something you are grateful for.  Nice way to end an exercise session.  I managed to clean the floor and made lasagna for lunch.


lasagna for lunch


I also made a nice chicken salad for dinner.  All in all a good day.

This morning's plan was to go to the other house but it was pouring down with rain and trying to get anything done in the rain is difficult.  So I canceled those plans.  I've spent the morning reading and cleaning.  This afternoon I have to sort out one room that has become a dumping ground.  I don't know if this happens in other people's houses but I always seem to have a room that is the place where things that don't have a home end up!!  I know it's a bad habit that I have but it's just so easy to move things out of the living area into a room that isn't used very often!!  Also, I need to think about packing things to take to the other house.  I'm hoping to have gas, electricity, and water on again by May so I can start to clean and fix things.  I plan to bring things we don't use every time we go.  Things like the bakeware that I don't use in the summer can be boxed up, and winter clothes and blankets as well.  

I really don't have time to be depressed or sick!!!

The end of April and the beginning of May is the Golden Week holiday.  There are 4 national holidays and is one of the biggest holiday seasons in Japan.  The warm weather is just right for getting out and going places.  One problem is that everybody has the same idea.  Anywhere that is famous or popular will be packed, even getting to the toilet can take up to an hour.  I don't go out during this holiday, even shopping can be hard.  I was hoping to use the holiday to finish the other house but Mikey is working and using the car.  So my plan is to clean here and just relax, read, and watch TV.  I'll let you know how that goes!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment