Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

I'm Trying

 I really am but Japanese bureaucracy drives me crazy.  I just want to give up and stay here!

We can't use the local city trash place because our address is in the next city.  It's a problem but we can use the trash place where we live, it just means driving a bit further.  The next problem is that we can't get the sewage system set up because we aren't living there.  That is crazy, even David explained that we are moving there in October and our address will officially change then they won't set up the sewage system.  So I would like to know how to clean the house without a place to throw out the dirty water.  I feel like screaming.  I was hoping not to have to go to the city hall but looks like I will have to spend a few hours filling out loads of forms to change my address before we move.  My experience with that city hall is not good at all.  It's a 20-floor building and trying to find the right department for things is a nightmare.  When my mother-in-law was in the hospital and needed to go into an old people's home David and I spent an hour going to different departments to get answers.  We finally gave up and asked at the hospital what to do.  They arranged a meeting with 10 other people, I asked who they were and what department they represented but they didn't answer, so I asked why are you here and again no answer.  We talked and only two people answered the questions we had.  Again bureaucracy gone crazy!!  The problem with my mother-in-law was that on paper she looked rich, she owned her own house and land but the reality was she had no money.  I still have a bad taste in my mouth from that.  Still, it looks like I'll have to go and see to it!

Yesterday Hannah got sick.  She woke up with a sore throat but no fever so she went to the nursery where she is working part time.  Came back at lunchtime with a 38C fever.  She has managed to sleep and feels a bit better today, her fever is down, which is good.  She always gets very high fevers, which is a worry. 

I'm also feeling rather done in.  I ache from all the cleaning at both houses plus my allergies have kicked in.  I'm coughing and sneezing plus I have ear ache.  I love spring but I could do without the allergies.

Alfie and Fluffy

These two got me into trouble the other day.  Hannah was sitting on this seat, I asked her to make some tea, as soon as she got up they got on.  I told Hannah to move them instead of moaning at me, she said that they looked too comfortable, so she sat on the floor!!

No comments:

Post a Comment