Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2024

Two Sick Cats

 Last week we found a lump on Fred's shoulder.

Fred in the carry case

We thought it was just from fighting but it didn't go down after a couple of days so Hannah took him to the vet.  Turned out to be some sort of cyst, the vet pulled out a lot of yellow fluid, gave him some medicine, and sent him home.  The lump went down a bit but seems even bigger today.  We will keep giving the medicine and see if that helps, if not back to the vet.

Then Alfie stopped peeing!  So again Hannah took him to the vet. 

Alfie

He has a bladder infection, so he got medicine.  Then we noticed he still wasn't going to the toilet and throwing up a lot.  So Hannah took him back, turns out he is constipated and full of gas, more medicine.

I feel so sorry for Hannah.  Not only did she have to carry the cats to the vet, about a 5-minute walk but she paid for everything, about 100 pounds.  She also had to get a vaccine for herself, the measles and rubella shot.  From April she will be working part-time at a local nursery and there have been a lot of measles cases recently.  That cost her 50 pounds!  I wish I could help her out but at the moment I am only just covering our rent and utilities.  

And I'm still exhausted from last week but am determined to go to the house twice this week as well, I must get it sorted before the summer.  I plan to clean out here in the summer, at least I can use the air conditioners!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment