Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Hospital

Today was my checkup for cancer and diabetes.

Nothing big, just had some blood taken and a quick word with the doctor.  I'm all right with that, I know the hospital, the procedure, where to go, which desk to put my file into so it's easy for me.  I don't have to try and understand the Japanese.  But it's so busy!  

Blood draw took two minutes, talk to the first doctor, two minutes, second doctor three minutes but I was there from 9am to 11am, then another 40 minutes wait at the pharmacy.  Still, it's over and done with and I don't have to go back until June.  That is the big yearly checkup with a CT scan, mammogram,  and blood work.  

We have 210 days until we move and I'm still not happy about it.  Every time I go to the other house I try to imagine living there but it still feels so wrong.  Part of this is not having a choice.  Usually moving house means choosing somewhere that you like or at least can feel comfortable in.  I don't get that choice and I know it's because I've chosen to have cats.  I know that I can, potentially save money because I don't have to pay rent but again it's not really that good.  I don't have to pay rent but I will lose students because we can only hire the community center on certain days.  Also, I'll need a loan to pay for things.  Getting the house connected to the sewage system will cost about 800 pounds, paying to the city and then more to the company that will do the work.  I'll have to get a loan for that.  A friend suggested doing a lot of the work ourselves, she said that there are a lot of videos on YouTube to follow but I know that a lot of time DIY doesn't work out!  Also, DIY costs money.  Feels like a lot of work to live in a house that I don't like!

Mikey with Fluffy

Mikey doesn't like the cats so much and Fluffy doesn't like people so much but they seem to like each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment