Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2024

Cold...Again

 It's March and we had snow this morning...for a few minutes!  I was so shocked when I looked out the window and saw snow.  Hannah said it felt colder than February, which might be true. I'm not complaining, I like the cold (maybe not this cold though!).  I keep seeing on different news sites that scientists are saying this summer could be hotter than last year.  My reaction is "NO, NO, NO, don't need that!"  

One thing I like about the cold weather is being able to cook "comfort food".  Today I made chicken pie, roast potatoes and peas (too many peas!).  

Tasted great!  I also made jam tarts with the leftover pastry.
chicken pie



I've been trying to get down to zero food waste.  I'm so tired of finding food in the fridge that is out of date or vegetables that have gone bad.  David sometimes shops on the way home, which helps a lot but he has a habit of just buying what he thinks we need without checking what we have or asking me.  
To use up vegetables I've been making soups, I just throw in whatever is in the fridge and hope for the best!  Most of the time it's good.  Nice, filling, and warming!

David terrorizing Steve

Not sure what Steve did but David grabbed him. He looks totally scared.  I do know that Steve was under the table and biting my toes earlier!!


No comments:

Post a Comment