Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Hell

 That's the word Christopher used to describe the other house.  And he's right!

The house is a disaster, not just the mold, trash and smell of urine but the structure itself is damaged.  I noticed that the color of the outside back wall was different.  The wood has gone a green color and feels damp. The two patches are where the toilets are.  Looks like they have leaked.  Inside looks okay but I have no idea what has happened underneath.  Another load of money to put into the dump.  

Then I decided to move the last few things off the kitchen stove and counter.  


This is the counter!

That black is mold!  The counter top and sink are covered in it.  The stove is mix of burnt on stuff and mold.  The floor is soft infront of the counter and sink, so maybe rotting as well.  I just stood there and cried!

How did this get to be my life?  I'll be 62 in the summer, I don't want to move, to clean up a house that is never going to be home.  I wanted to travel.  Before Hisao died we planned to travel in Japan.  Now all the money I make will be put into this hovel!

I feel trapped and angry.  I have no escape plan, no second choice.

Today the company that is going to build on the land next door came and checked the boundary between the two properties.  Looks like they will be building new houses there.  Nice, clean, modern houses with manageable gardens!

I keep getting told that I will save money on rent, that even having a loan will be paid off.  Problem is I won't be making as much as now.  We plan to keep teaching using the comminity centers but there are only certain days that they are available and trying to get the days that match the students schedule is going to be difficult.  Most of our students are kids and they are very busy.  

It's just one problem after another.  I feel all joy is being sucked out of my life!!!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you could advertise at the community center, even keep an organizational meeting but provide classes through zoom. You can do individual and even groups that way. It would be possible to accommodate people's busy schedules, have more students since they do not have to be local, and save money on no commute. But you would have to have good and reliable internet connection at the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have handouts, they can be scanned and converted to pdf documents- then you would be able to email them to your students to use online or print out and have their own paper copies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if is the Japanese way, but do have friends that could help
    You clean out. Maybe they would know workmen that are reliable
    And not too expensive.

    ReplyDelete