Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2024

Just A Cat Post

 I haven't written about the cats recently!

They are still driving me crazy, still cute, and at times very funny!

At the moment Alfie is purring away, lying in the sun with Hannah playing with him.  He tends to be a loner, and prefers the other cats to playing with us! But catch him at the right time and he will play but not sit on your lap.

Alfie in the sun

Fluffy still tries to get chicken when it's cooked.  Whenever I've cooked chicken I either have to fit a lid on it or put it in the oven or fridge.  The other day I had cooked some chicken but it was too early for lunch so I left it on the stove.  I went to the toilet, came back, and could see Fluffy's tail in the kitchen. She heard me come in and jumped off the counter (Yes, I do bleach the counters every day) and came strolling into the living room, looking all innocent!  

Fluffy with Mikey
The other cats are doing okay.  Why do we think that cats like to be alone?  My cats won't settle at night if there is nobody with them.  Fred and Frodo are the worst, they will cry for ages if somebody isn't with them when it's bedtime.  When David isn't working it's okay as they can settle but the other nights either Hannah or I have to sit with them until they fall asleep.  I use the time to read, in the past two weeks I've finished about five books this way!  I've tried playing with them, getting them to chase up and down the corridor, and then feeding them before bed but even if they are tired they want somebody with them to sleep!  

afternoon nap!

This week I'm hoping to go to the other house on Wednesday.  It's a national holiday so no classes.  I hope we can spend the whole day there.  I'm planning on making some onigiri (rice balls) and getting fried chicken from a local store that specilizes in fried chicken.  I'm hoping to get a lot done, we will see. One thing I want to do is to take down what I call the dead photos!  In Japan, there is a tradition of having photos of those who have passed away displayed in the room with the Buddhist Altar.  There are photos of people that I don't know and for some unknown reason these photos creep me out, they always have done.  I feel the eyes following me and judging me on everything I do.  I plan to take them down, take the photos out of the frames, and put them in a photo album. 
I'll try to update after Wednesday!




No comments:

Post a Comment