Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2024

I Went, I Saw, I Gave Up

 I didn't give up 100% but I threw in the towel for the day.

The plan was to go to the other house early and stay until 3 or 4 o'clock. While there we would start a fire and burn a lot of the trash that is hanging around.

But Mikey forgot that he had an extra lesson at 4 o'clock and it's very windy today, starting a fire would have been rather dangerous.

There is so much stuff to be disposed of.  Years and years of living crammed into a small house.  Some things we can burn, old wooden furniture that has become moldy and all the clothes that she bought and never used.  I did try to take some clothes to the recycle shop but we were spending more in gas going there than we were making.  Old books can be taken to a place that recycles the paper and metal can be taken to the scrap place to be reused.  But there is a lot of plastic waste and we have thousands of CDs and DVDs that I don't know what to do with.  I watch programs from the USA and UK about hoarders, I love the idea of having a skip to throw everything into or having places to donate good stuff to.

 I wanted to find something good about the house.  The design, size, and location are bad but there must be something good in there.

I found a couple of things, the light fittings.

The light in the entrance

And one of the bedrooms

They need cleaning but are actually very nice.

Also some flowers were blooming which helped the outside to look a bit brighter.



A bit of color in the garden

Also, the view from the bedrooms is nice, at the moment.  I'm wondering if anything is planned for the land next door.


The view from the bedrooms

If the weather cooperates we can go again on Friday.

We have to get as much done as possible. 

Mikey said that there are companies to take away plastics, CDs, and DVDs but they are expensive.  I'm thinking of using one of the storage rooms to dump everything until I can save money to pay to take the stuff away.  I know it doesn't solve the problem but it's an idea!





No comments:

Post a Comment