Pages

Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Non Scale Victory

 I've been trying to lose weight for as long as I can remember. My life is dominated by numbers, how many kilos down this week, how many centimeters off my waist.  It's so depressing.  The scales aren't accurate in showing if I've dropped a bit or not.  Sometimes even eating clean (no sugar, no processed food and little carbs) for 10 days but the scale shows a 3 kilo increase, mainly because my water intake wasn't that much.  Or I eat bad and drop about 2 kilos. So I look for other ways to measure my health and fitness.  Yesterday was a victory for me.  Maybe a small thing for other people but huge for me.

I walked to the City Hall from my house.  It's not far, about 300 meters but the last time I walked, before I started to exercise, I was in so much pain, just going about 100 meters my back, hip and knee were screaming.  This time I got to the City Hall, a little out of breath, but I was walking fast (very windy, cold and trying to rain) and I was talking to Christopher.  Had to walk around the City Hall to find the place I needed, got to sit for a few minutes while things were sorted out, then I went to the supermarket opposite the City Hall, walked around there and then back home.  I was shocked to see how much difference about 10 days of exercise made.  I'm only doing 10 minutes a day, of seated exercise, at the moment but I'm hoping to increase it as I feel better.  I want to say thank you again to my friend who challenged me, without that challenge I wouldn't be feeling so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment