Pages

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Plans

I had a great plan today. Mikey, Christopher, Hannah and I were going to go to the other house and do a lot. I was going to throw out the rest of the stuff still in the house, burn as much as possible, and put the rest in the shed to be taken to the trash place.  I made these plans last week when the weather was cold and dry.  Although it's hard working in the house when it's cold, having a fire going helps, every hour or so go and warm up and start again.  The weather changed over the weekend, Sunday saw the temperature rise, Monday was warm and rainy.  Bit more difficult to work, can't burn stuff but with the temperatures up to 20C I could do some things inside, bring all the stuff to the big windows (more like sliding doors), and then the next visit just take the stuff out.  But of course, the weather changed again, Thursday and today back to winter, high of 8C and rain.  I woke up this morning trying to decide if it was worth the 40-minute drive when Mikey called me.  He has a sore throat and feels really awful.  So we didn't bother going.  I'm trying not to panic but there is so much to do at both houses and I feel like no time.  I know the problem is me, I don't want to move there so I keep putting off doing stuff.  It's not helping though.  Also, we only have one car and Mikey uses it a lot for his other jobs.  
Another worry is money.  I'm not making that much teaching.  David buys most of the food and cat stuff, Christopher and Hannah help out.  Mikey does as well.  But I always seem to be short.  I need to save to pay for things, even if we do most of the DIY ourselves we need to buy things.  Also, David and Christopher will have to get new jobs and that isn't easy. David will need his own car but I don't know how he can afford that.  Christopher needs to check his eyesight to see if he can get a driver's license.  Another worry!!  I don't want these young men stuck in that house.  They are too young to live a life of being in the house all the time with nothing to do!  I have so many regrets with my kids, so many nights I cry myself to sleep wishing I had done things differently. I know it doesn't help but that's where my mind is at.

Mama hiding

This was where we found Mama, we had a very bad thunderstorm, she gets in the shoe cupboard to hide from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment