Pages

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

February

 Happy Leap Year Day.

I don't know if that is a thing but maybe it should be!

I know February is the shortest month but it seemed very long.  I think people being sick didn't help.  Mikey started with a high fever, which lasted just 24 hours but then he had a week of sneezing and runny nose, maybe the start of allergies.  Then Christopher got a high fever, I thought it was the same thing but his fever lasted a few days. He then got a sore throat, so we thought he had tonsillitis, so he went off to the doctors only to find out he had B-type flu.  I wasn't happy about that as I usually isolate anybody who has flu but Christopher had been downstairs with us.  He was lucky as his symptoms were very mild.  Then Mikey got a sore throat again but no fever, which lasted a couple of days. David and Hannah escaped this time.  I haven't been sick but my allergies have started!

Hannah quit her part-time job at the local drugstore.  Although the fourth year of her course doesn't have so many taught lessons she has to write her thesis.  I thought that was the main reason for her quitting, but it turns out that two of the staff have been ignoring her.  Hannah said that these ladies are in their 40s but acting like teenagers.  Anyway, Hannah has another part-time job lined up to start in April.  She is going to work in one of the nurseries where Mikey teaches English.  I think it's a better fit for her.  

I haven't done as much as I had hoped on getting things sorted to move.  Cleaned out half of one cupboard, something I guess. Must focus from next month.  Time is not going to slow down!

I hope that March is better that I can get focused on doing things to make the move easier! 

Just a cute cat photo to finish.

Steve talking to the stray that hangs about



No comments:

Post a Comment