Pages

Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Snow

 We have snow!!

Not a lot but this area almost never gets snow that sticks.  We get a few flurries but not the ground-covering kind.  The ground is usually too warm for the snow to stick.  I'm actually very surprised by the amount of snow we have and more is forecasted for tomorrow!

the yard at 5pm!!
Last week was rather mild, with a high of about 14C.  I'm glad that I don't have to go out!  I do have a hospital appointment tomorrow, diabetes check, but the hospital is just a few minutes down the road.  Other than that I'm going to snuggle down with hot tea, cats and a good book. 

Yesterday was Dad's birthday.
I'm amazed at the things I remember.  Whenever Dad was going out I would always ask 'Where are you going?', the answer was either 'Going to see Old Nick the Bottlewasher' or 'To see a man about a dog'.  I don't know how many years I waited for a dog!!  And I always worried about Old Nick, I just couldn't imagine somebody who washed bottles!
Photos of Dad.

with Mom, Hisao and me

very young Dad and Mom

with Christopher

and Mikey

Hannah

baby Mikey

Dad and Mom's wedding

with David





No comments:

Post a Comment