Pages

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Mikey

 Yesterday was Mikey's birthday!  Thirty-two!!!

As always birthdays bring up so many memories.  Do others find this?

I remember when he was first born, Hisao came to visit, he sat by Mikey's cot and kept saying that Mikey was super cute!!  

He was the hardest baby, not because of him but because I had no idea what I was doing.  I had read a lot of baby books to prepare.  What I realized was that I know what the baby should do but the baby doesn't know what to do, he hadn't read the book!!!  At that time we didn't have an international phone line in the apartment.  To talk to my Mom we had to go out (at midnight because of the time difference) to a park that had a public phone with an international line.  So I was freezing, trying to explain to my Mom what was happening with Mikey and getting her advice.  My mother-in-law didn't help, she thought that giving money was enough.  It helped but a kind word would have helped more!!

Some photos, not in order!!

About 12 years ago

with Granddad,  7 years ago

yellow hair!!!!!

New Years 2024

with Hannah, he was maybe 11 years old

graduating junior high school

starting nursery

first visit to the UK, with Grandma


No comments:

Post a Comment