Pages

Monday, January 15, 2024

Feeling Bleh

 Saturday was really busy for me.  Every other Saturday Mikey does volunteer lessons at a few of the community centers near here. That is okay but that means that I have to do Mikey's classes and my own.  Physically it's not hard work but teaching kids can get exhausting, it's a case of keeping the class pace going so that the kids don't get distracted.  Also, I have to use more Japanese to communicate which is very tiring!  I wasn't too worried as Sunday is my day off, my plan was to do some housework, make lunch and then have an easy afternoon/evening. But I woke up at 4am Sunday morning with a wet face and pillow, very bad allergies kicked in.  I have no idea what I'm allergic to but this was awful.  I spent over an hour just sneezing!  I took some medicine in the hope that after a couple more hours of sleep, I could get up and get things done.  Not to be!  I woke up again at about 8am and still as bad. I was tempted to take more medicine, the dose is two capsules twice a day.  In the past when it's been this bad I've taken an extra one but found out the hard way that one of the active ingredients causes heart palpitations.  So I decided to just endure and not do anything.  The kids did the housework and David made lunch.  I spent the whole day lying around, reading or watching TV.  

Monday I woke up feeling better but had an awful headache.  David made lunch but I couldn't eat, I felt sick.  I was upset as he had made pork donburi.  Slices of pork and onion cooked in soy sauce, sweet saki and saki with a bit of sugar.  Really nice Japanese comfort food with a salad.  I like this kind of dish, it's easy to make and filling.  But I just couldn't eat it, after a few bites, I was heaving and just wanted to go to bed!  I asked David to put it in the oven, I could warm it up and eat it later.  That never happened as David left the oven door open and Fluffy ate all the meat!!

I slept a bit more, had some ginger drink and felt a lot better by Monday evening!  I made a big pot of tomato vegetable soup for dinner. Today I'm doing okay but taking it easy still.  I have no idea what triggered my allergies.  The kids say that I'm allergic to work!!  Who knows?

Fluffy was in my bad books twice in the past few days. Eating the meat off my dinner but also nibbling at the bacon that I left out.  Saturday morning I cooked myself some bacon and forgot to put the pack away.  When David came back he found Fluffy nibbling on it!!  Sometimes I worry that Fluffy isn't eating much cat food, but I think she helps herself to whatever she can find!!

Fluffy looking so innocent

The evidence!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment