Pages

Friday, January 19, 2024

Eye Doctor

 Today's little adventure was a walk to the eye doctor.  Since Sunday when I had the most awful allergies, my left eye has been feeling strange.  Not really painful but like it was bruised.  I've already had both eyes operated on because of cataracts so anything to do with my eyes makes me a bit nervous.  I was going to go this morning but it was rainy, which is alright, I don't mind walking in the rain but the wind was very strong and I didn't feel like fighting with an umbrella.  Got to the doctor just as they were opening after lunch, few minutes wait, quick check, got a prescription for two types of eye drops and some cream, went to the pharmacy opposite, back home about 45 minutes later.  Not bad!  

One reason I like living here is that it is so convenient.  Supermarket, drug store, doctors, dentist and the city hall are all within 15 minutes walk.  I know I haven't been walking to places as much as I used to because of knee problems but the fact that I have that option is good.  I don't feel trapped in the house, except for the extreme heat in summer!!  The other house is the complete opposite, there is nothing in that area and unless you have a car you can't get anywhere.  That worries me!  I can't drive and don't want to learn now, I can't ride a bike so my only transport is if Mikey or David are around to take me but they have their schedules and I can't expect them to drop everything just for me!  So yet again I'm feeling rather down about this move.  I know there is no choice, I can't get money to buy anywhere and renting with 9 cats is impossible!!  So just suck it up!!  I thought I was okay with moving but the closer it getting to actually moving the more problems I see!!!  Get ready for a load of moaning posts!

Mikey's new tie
Mikey had been looking for a yellow necktie.  He got this one, somehow it suits him!!  He wanted it for his magic outfit but I think he should wear it when teaching at the nurseries!



No comments:

Post a Comment