Pages

Friday, January 26, 2024

Hospital

 On Wednesday, I had my hospital appointment, a blood check for diabetes and an echo check for my heart.  My appointment was at 10:50 but I got there early to do the checks, the hospital has its own laboratory, so everything is done on-site.  Somehow on Wednesday, the hospital was very busy so I didn't get to see the doctor until 12:00.  Never mind, everything was okay.  My numbers for diabetes were slightly higher but the doctor said that was normal after Christmas and New Year.  My weight is back to pre-Christmas weight.  So now I have to work to drop a few more (a lot more!!!) kilos and start some exercise.  I can do this, I have to do this!  

The weather is still very cold.  It snowed most of Tuesday and Wednesday.  I was shocked at how heavy it was coming down Wednesday morning.


I took this video while waiting to get my medicine, the building is the hospital.

Hannah had a bit of excitement coming home yesterday.  She is usually back by 7 o'clock on Thursdays, but last night she missed her train and had to wait for the next one.  No problem, she just got the next train, but three stations before here somebody pulled the emergency brake.  The staff asked over the PA system if there was a doctor or nurse on the train.  An ambulance came and somebody was taken off the train.  Hannah said that the paramedics didn't try to do anything on the train, which could mean either the person wasn't very bad and didn't need help right there or the other extreme, that the person had died.  Hannah was a bit shaken up by this but my thoughts were very different.  Of course, I felt sorry for whoever collapsed and for their family but at the same time I felt grateful to live in a country that has a system where getting medical help is relatively easy.   We've had to call the ambulance a number of times and I'm always impressed by the professionalism shown by the paramedics.  My only gripe is that they never know which hospital to take you to.  Now I know this area and which hospitals are good and which have good diagnostic machines I can ask which one to go to!!  

Tomorrow is busy teaching.  Sunday I hope to start cleaning out things here.  I've decided not to try and go to the other house until March.  It's just too cold there.  So I want to concentrate on cleaning, packing and throwing out stuff here.  My goal is to move in October and I know time will go fast!!  Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment