Pages

Monday, January 29, 2024

Beautiful Moon Rise

 Hannah came back from her part-time job last night saying that the moon was very beautiful. She said that it was low, big and very bright.  I love seeing the moon (and the stars) so I asked "Where's the moon".  David's answer was "In the sky?"  What I wanted to know was what direction to look in, as sometimes it's difficult to see because of the buildings.  Christopher and Hannah understood what I meant. Anyway, Christopher, Hannah and I went out, we took some photos, not the best but you can get an idea of how beautiful it was.

From the store where Hannah works


outside our house

When we went back in David was still laughing.  I know asking where the moon is might be mildly funny but not that funny.  I asked what had him laughing so much, he said that me asking where the moon was reminded him of a conversation I had with Hannah the other morning about the dustpan.

The conversation went something like this:

Hannah: " Does anybody know where the dustpan is?"

Me:  "Yes, I do"

Hannah, tapping her foot at my not-helpful answer: " Where is it?"

Me, now I know I saw the dustpan and I can visualize where it is but can't explain: "It's there"

Hannah, now getting frustrated: "MOM"

I sat and thought for a bit, then answered: "It's in the bag of fresh cat litter"

Hannah goes to the next room, muttering about me teaching English.

Just another normal day here!


No comments:

Post a Comment