Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2021

Goodbye 2021

 It's the last day of 2021 and I'm glad that it is finished.  I really hoped that after 2020 that this year would be better, that the pandemic would finish and life could get to normal.  I hoped that my business would recover enough so I could make enough money to start saving, that I could travel a bit and that the kids could have a better year.  But of course non of that has happened.  Even though the restrictions in Japan weren't that strict people were a lot more cautious, especially since the vaccines were rolled out very slowly.  This translated in not getting new students, I think parents were cautious as to where they would send their kids.  Also some people suffered economically so I didn't get many adult students, people are willing to pay for their kids education or if they need English for work but not for hobbies.  I hope that the Omincron variant is the last one, but I'm not holding my breath!

But it wasn't all doom and gloom.  Hannah graduated high school and started university.  She is enjoying her course so far, except for the math!  She also go a part time job and is saving to take driving lessons.  Mikey has been able to do some events, especially this past week or so.  He is hoping that he can start working as a magician soon, that was supposed to happen in 2020, but has been put off.  Both David and Christopher has settled in their jobs, they are still looking for something else but at least they can make some money.

So sending best wishes for 2022.  Lets make it a great year!




Happy New Year from us all!


No comments:

Post a Comment