Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2021

Merry Christmas

 It's Christmas Eve morning here.  I've spent the last couple of days shopping, trying to find something nice for Christmas dinner.  I did think about going to Costco but realized that going on the 23rd (the only day that somebody could drive me) would leave me too tired to cook after.  Also with this new covid virus going around I didn't want to risk it,  I know numbers a low in Japan but I think that is to do with the fact that there is not so much testing done.

Anyway Mikey took me to the next city, about half an hours drive.  One supermarket there always has good deals on meat.  I planned on getting some nice steaks, roast meats are not common here as a lot of people don't have ovens and the ones that are available are very small.  Had a look round and found a nice block of pork (about 2kgs) so got that.  Then I saw some whole chickens, very small but whole ones.  Just 1kg!

Tiny chicken
So I got two of those and figured that would be enough.  Then went to another supermarket, this supermarket has a better selection of fruits and vegetables. Picked up a few things, went to the meat section and sitting there was a lovely whole chicken! Just over 2kgs, so I got that one as well.  So now I have 3 chickens!
Good size chicken

Big and small.

So dinner is sorted but it is going to take a lot of work to get it done.  My kitchen is small, so is my oven.  Gets to be a balancing act! 

I hope everybody has a great Christmas!  Let's hope it's the last one with restrictions!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Jackie! I hope you and your family have a lovely celebration.

    ReplyDelete