Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2021

Christmas

 Christmas was nice.  Few presents and good food.  But for me the best part was hanging out together.  Most days we eat one meal together, which I like, but because of schedules it is rushed and there is no time to just be together.  Christmas Day was nice because we could sit around talking, laughing and watching a movie, A Muppets Christmas Carol.  We laughed at the movie, made comments on it and even after it finished we were still talking.  More than the presents and food that for me was the best part.

I didn't buy much this year.  With everybody having their own jobs they buy what they need so I was having a hard time to think what to get.  I got some nice tops for the boys, a nice light but warm jacket for David, he rides his bike to work and it has gone very cold, so he needed a good jacket.  Hannah got a couple of books by Carrie Hope Fletcher and a lap blanket for when we go to see a musical next month.

David spoilt everybody.  He got a model for Christopher, a set of books for Mikey, a lovely set of skin care products and cosmetics for Hannah and a Google nest  for me!

Food was good.  I over did it!  Christmas Eve we had party food, nice ham, fired chicken, pizza, salad and some other things but I don't remember what.  Christmas Day brunch I did a full English breakfast, sausages, bacon, black pudding, beans, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms and eggs!

Dinner was roast pork, roast chicken with stuffing, yorkshire puds, roast and mashed potatoes, cauliflower, carrots and brussel sprouts!  

Christmas Dinner

Trifle for dessert.

So Christmas was good.  Today it's very quiet.  Mikey has hid cotton candy work.  Hannah is working at the juku (after school cram school), she is working 10am to 10pm today and tomorrow!  David is in bed, he has night shift and Christopher just went to the shop!

Next is New Years and I have to figure out everybody's schedule as I think all the boys are working.

No comments:

Post a Comment