Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2022

Happy New Year

 New Years Eve was very quiet here.  Only Hannah, me and the cats. David had his night shift, Mikey and Christopher had early start for work.  I think this was the first time we didn't celebrate together.  We had a nice lunch, chance to chat and tell jokes, so that was nice.

New Years Day I made a nice roast dinner.  Yorkshire puds came out great, looks like they are going to be a staple.  Got some really thick pork chops from the supermarket in the next city, they cooked up nice and didn't dry out!

Lovely big yorkshire pud!

Spent most of the day just hanging out, reading and watching TV.  

In Japan there is a tradition of relatives giving money to children in the family.  Usually adult relatives give it to children.  It's called Otoshidama.  I never gave my kids money as I usually spent everything on Christmas! This year David gave Hannah otoshidama, he said that he felt sorry that Hannah never received it from her grandmother so he wanted her to experience it.  He gave her 10,000 yen, about 60 pounds!

Bed time found me really tired, maybe because the weather has gone very cold!  Wondered why my bed was looking a bit funny.  I pulled the blankets back earlier in the day when I was airing the bed, but one of blankets had been pulled over!  Moved it and found a pile of cat poop, right in the middle of the bed.  Hannah thought it was rather funny, "Happy New Year, Mom.  Starting out with shit, how will it end?"


No comments:

Post a Comment